Thursday, April 1, 2010

Just A Thought

Isn't it funny how one little word said OR unsaid, can make all the difference in how you feel that particular day? I have been noticing that the word "thank you" is becoming more and more absent these days.

When my kids were growing up we stressed saying "please" and "thank you." I would use little hints like, "What's the magic word?" (I think that expression came from the kids show, Captain Kangaroo--back in the old days:)

You know, what is so hard about letting someone know you appreciate something? Even if you don't really appreciate it, you can at least be respectful of the thought and the time put into it.

We can all learn a lot from kids. My grandson was here today and said, "Grandma, thank you so much for what you got me!" He then paused, and continued, "Ahhh, what did you get me again?" You see it wasn't WHAT I got him, it was the fact that he recognized that I had done something with him in mind:) How sweet is that?

Sometimes empathy needs to come into play--how would you feel if you were doing or saying a deed and you were given no response of appreciation? Something to think about...
The word "thank you" costs nothing. It is absolutely free but means more than any amount of money to the person you share it with.
Take some time and be appreciative of the people around you who are being thoughtful.
Have a blessed Easter!

No comments: