Friday, April 2, 2010

Friday Fragments--My Favorite?

I have so many young parents following my blog and I love reading about how they are raising their children and the ideas they have discovered to make life easier and more meaningful!

What continuously jumps out at me is how life isn't as different as you would think, from when I was raising my 5 kids. I guess kids themselves are the same everywhere; they need love and much attention.

I will never forget the time we sat at the supper table, having the fun discussions as we usually did. I randomly asked the question, "Who do you think is my favorite?" They all scrambled quickly with a response, each of them declaring it was them! WOW!! I did not expect that answer as I assumed at some point one of them was feeling left out. It made me feel like "maybe" I was doing a good job?

I guess making each kid feel special is the key-giving them attention by talking to them and doing things with them. When they see you set aside time from your own busy schedule, it sends a very positive message to them. (Not any different then when our spouse does the same for us:)

It is good to read how so many of you are spending such precious time with your children. It is something they will never forget; it will help mold them into fine adults and wonderful future parents.
Have a memorable weekend full of adventures!

3 comments:

Kinsey said...

That was a very nice post mom!!

Missie said...

Fellow Friday Follower here. Nice to meet you! I'm now a follower of your blog and hope you'll be a follower of mine. Happy Easter!
www.what-comes-next.net

Gina F. said...

I agree with you 100 percent. I love doing things with my daughter and my 2 boys. They are my life and they are especially a gift from GOD. My boys are 17 & 18 years old and we still take time to go to the movies, shopping, and eating at different restaurants. That was a very nice post too. HAVE A HAPPY NICE EASTER DAY!!!

Gina
Visit my blog at http://motherof1princessand2princes.blogspot.com