Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Singing Along

I love singing with the radio, especially the oldies as I know the words to those the best. Well usually...sometimes I guess I get it wrong, just ask my kids. Well, really,some singers just don't enunciate very well:) Then there are other times when it is just the way I interpet some of the words. It MUST happen to everyone, don't you think?
Take for instance when I was little, back in the 50's; we were great fans of the Milwaukee Braves baseball team. My grandpa would have the radio on listening to the games all the time. My brother Gary even had this t-shirt with the Braves logo on it; an Indian (now called Native American) Warrior with a feather. Today that would probably be an unacceptable portrayal. Anyhow, when the National Anthem would come on I would stand and proudly belt out the song. My favorite part was at the end when I would confidently sing, "Oh say, does that Star-spangled Banner yet wave... O'er the land of the free... and the home of the BRAVES!"
Hooray! I assumed and thought everyone must love the Braves--why else would it be in the National Anthem? Funny isn't it? To this day I think of that everytime I sing our anthem:)
There are many songs I have since learned the right words to,occasionally preferring my version better. I will be sure to share those with you another time.
Have a great day!

1 comment:

Kinsey said...

Now it goes, "And the home of the BREWERS!" It has to, right?