Friday, July 26, 2013

Defining Ones Self

It has come to my attention that sometimes a person has to " suck (I hate that word) it up" and just keep your mouth shut. As I stumbled into what I thought was an innocent conversation, I came away feeling put down, viewed as ignorant and for the first time in my life- I felt like I didn't measure up:(

How does this happen? I have NEVER felt this way before, but today it dissolved me to tears...the kind where I had to finally say to myself, "STOP IT! YOU ARE A BETTER PERSON THAN THAT!"

I had to take a look at this conversation and tell myself, " Practice what you preach...do what you have always told your kids." That advice being--Don't EVER let other people's words define who you are or make you feel less then who you are; you are a good person and don't ever let words make you feel any different.
I know who I am, where I come from, where I've been, where I am and where I am going. What more do I need? I know that time and example say more than a million words so I will live my life the way it is meant to be lived. I will not let words define who I know myself to be.
Today is another good day:)