Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Beauty of His World

It never stops amazing me how beautiful the world is around us!  Each morning as I drive my grand-kids to school I am so aware of the scenery as we drive down snow covered country roads into town.  This morning the golden sun was peering through the dark trees making each branch stand out like someone had painted each limb with a black marker . The snow on the rolling hills literally glistened as if someone had sprinkled silver glitter all over them.  Each branch on the mighty oaks were covered with a fine covering of sparkling frost making each twig or gnarl stand out against the light blue sky whisped with a faint covering of clouds.  Across the horizon I could see three black birds sitting on the very top branches of a large tree silhouetted against the morning sky.
 With each observation I was so moved to say "Thank you Lord, for these miracles of life and for the beauty of the earth you have so entrusted to us." It was then when I turned the corner off the main road that my eyes were drawn upward to see a very faint image of what looked like a rainbow!  It wasn't very big and only blended three colors as it was tucked behind a cloud. I stared in total amazement and it was then that I was overcome with emotion as I knew that God was sending me a message of promise that all my concerns and prayers were being heard. The song In His Time whispered in my head as my heart softened and my eyes filled with tears..."He makes all thing beautiful in His time. Lord, please show me every day, as You're teaching me Your way, that You do just what You say, in Your time... Lord my life to You I bring, may each song I have to sing, be to You a lovely thing, in Your time."
His message was clear and for this I am grateful. May all of you take time to see the beauty of his world. Have a wonderful day:)

1 comment:

Kinsey said...

It is a beautiful world. :)