Monday, September 19, 2011

A Movie and a Prayer

Watching a movie a few weeks ago confirmed my strong faith. Not that I needed it, but it's always interesting when things like this pop up as a reminder:)
It was one of those movies where the drama and suspense was so intense that I was on the edge of my seat pulling for  the main character to make it through the obstacles that lay ahead; one life threatening scene after another!!!!
I was totally drawn in by all that was happening. My heart was pounding, my stomach hurt and I had goose bumps on the back of my neck, when I suddenly found myself clenching my hands and softly repeating, " Dear Lord, please let her be OK, please help her..." Over and over.
I exclaimed to Kinsey, "Oh my gosh, I can't believe it- I'm praying for this girl in a movie! Talk about having a strong faith in prayer!" In the middle of all the drama we both burst out laughing!

As funny as that was, it was affirming to me on how important prayer is in my daily life. For me, it is an ongoing conversation.
PS.
Oh by the way, the girl in the movie did make it through the horrific ordeal. Now that's what I call the power of prayer!:)

No comments: